What is Armath?
Armath Engineering Laboratories is an engineering education program created and managed by the Union of Advanced Technology Enterprises of Armenia (UATE). Since 2014, Armath labs have been implemented in more than 570 schools and centers in Armenia, Georgia and India with more than 15000 students engaged.
In Armath Engineering Laboratories kids aged 10-18 are introduced to science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education through interactive after-school classes, exciting competitions, innovative camps and more.
Our young engineers are given the opportunity to design, build, test, and improve their own creations in a safe and fun environment while making new friends and creating startups.
Important outcomes of the program are:
· Stimulation of technological education
· Regional development
· Boost of economic activity in high-tech and related spheres
· Creation and strengthening of the bond between the school system, universities, and labor market
· Ensuring demographic stability of socially-vulnerable communities
· A new generation of leaders and entrepreneurs
· “Sustainable Growth” nomination at WITSA Global Excellence Award during WCIT2016 in Brazil
· “The best provider of IT education” award in GITI-2016 regional event in Tbilisi
· “Best IT project” in Armenia by the Eurasian Economic Union
· Nokia Award at The Eurasian Week International Forum 2018 in Yerevan
The Armath Engineering Laboratories curriculum is based on advanced learning methodologies and tools developed by leading research and education institutions in the fields of physical sciences and engineering. These programs start with basic programming and take pupils from robotics to production in an environment of exploration and creativity
The first component of Armath labs is “Basic programming and animation”.
Using a local adaptation of Massachussets Institute of Technology (MIT)-developed programs students learn։ Creation of simple computer games, creation and use of animations, application of various laws of physics, mathematical algorithms, arithmetic calculations, visualization of algorithmic tasks, mathematical formulas, and drawing different bodies using geometry principles.
The second level is Robotics.
During this level students, using the programming skills and knowledge they have acquired in the first stage, start to construct a simple robot and program it, learning use of color, light and distance sensors, creating basic programs for robots to line tracking, finding and sorting of objects, and avoiding obstacles, escaping, attacking etc., creating first IoT (Internet of things) devices.
The third component of Armath labs educational program is 3D modeling and prototyping.
After creating the robots and different devices during second stage, students need to construct parts for more developed and multifunctional projects. In order to create these parts, students learn: 3D modeling programs and tools, creation of stl and gcode files for 3D printers, technical structure of 3D printers, printing of modeled detail on 3D printer, as well as learning modeling programs for CNC laser and drill machine, creating parts by drilling or laser cutting.
As the sphere of advanced technology is one of the driving forces of the world economy and the fact that the need for a workforce skilled in technology, complex engineering, and math subjects is rising exponentially, Armath strives to play a significant role by:
- Team-working and creative skills development, encouraging being proactive, discovering talents, providing guidance for the future professional orientation of school students
- Decentralization of opportunities, regional and demographic development
- Covering the gap between education and the constantly-changing requirements of the technological sector
- Provide an easier path to enter the IT industry without receiving a higher education degree
Armath Engineering Laboratories program already shows great results.
According to a 2017 “Grant Thornton Consulting” assessment
- 84% of Armath students were admitted to university
- 43% were working and studying at the same time
- 45% of employed students were involved in programming, 29% were involved in other areas of IT sector and the rest were involved in engineering and technical jobs
- 12% of employed students have founded startups
Armath franchising model
Armath Engineering Laboratories educational methodology is applicable in different countries, environments, regions, public and private schools, educational and training centers, startup hubs and acceleration centers. The Armath franchising model is based on the experience of success in Armenia as a large-scale national technological education development project. Government support of the project ensures the sustainability of the project and gives students the opportunity to receive free technological education without economic risks and additional investments by providing space in public schools, and paying for the salaries of the trainer-coaches. When implemented as a private initiative, the franchisee is free to change the business model.
The laboratories deployment contains three main cycles:
1. Laboratory equipment installation
2. Training of the trainer-coaches
3. Coordination, monitoring, consulting and evaluation.
Generic program offers:
- Software and Education Methodology
- Training of the future coaches
- Quality control and assurance
- Events and competitions organization consulting
- Web platform global network access
- E-learning materials access
Please contact us for a customized quote.
The general budget for 1 engineering laboratory is below. The final price depends on the quantity of labs and partnership opportunities. In the budget below, modules include machine, software, methodology, network connection, coordination, monitoring, service for 2 years, filament and tools
Does not include
- Royalty fee: 1$ per student per month
- Shipment to the country of destination
- Custom expenses
- Transport and accommodation of trainer in Yerevan
- For each minicomputer the franchisee has to buy we need a monitor, mouse, and keyboard (7 mini computers are included in the price)
- Trainings will take place in Armenia in Armenian or English
- Price for equipment includes also 2 years of warranty service and 2 years of maintenance
- All prices for the methodology and software interfaces are presented for English, Armenian version with classic Armenian spelling.
License fee that is provided in the calculation has the following meaning: License is including the sharing of our experience to use our unique methodology of any component of the engineering laboratory, as well as the system of connection of this component to each other. It means, that we are expertise in complex engineering knowledge and skills, when every component of the laboratory is connected to the other component /Coding is linked to the Robotics, Robotics with 3D modeling/. The methodology and material of Armath labs are open for everyone, but the system of the organization of the educational process has very delicate features, and only after some experience and way can be detected. By buying the license you buy the opportunity to be informed and have access on all features of the organization of the educational process in the labs. License includes also the opportunity to be involved in the global network of Armath labs, which give the opportunity to share and be informed about the projects of other labs in over the world, other succeed labs will share their experience with you, you will have access to the most updated video and text materials, lessons, online webinars etc., kids and labs will have their profiles, which will give them the opportunity to show their qualifications to the IT sector professionals. It also includes the lifetime consulting by our professionals. License also will provide access to information regarding organization of robotic/engineering contests/competitions/festivals etc.
|1||1 Laptop (can be bought in the country of destination)||$||$|
|2||2 PC (can be bought in the country of destination)||$||$|
|3||Basic Module Pack||$||$|
|4||Training for teachers-coaches : programs installation course, Scratch/Aghues programming language, K-turtle/Kriay programming language||$||$|
|5||Advanced Module Pack||$||$|
|6||Training for teachers : Robotics set collection, different modifications and construction tools, programming of robots||$||$|
|7||Expert module Pack||$||$|
|8||Training for teachers: 3D modeling programs course, printing on 3D printer, drilling and laser cutting by CNC machine||$||$|
The realized successes of Armath in Armenia, Georgia and India give us the opportunity to share our experience and vision of technological education development. Armath is open to cooperating in different formats with organizations and individuals interested in the field of technological education. Armath invites discussions for joint project implementation with Ministries of Education, Information Technology and Communication, charity funds, NGOs, schools, educational and training centers, startup hubs and business acceleration centers, as well as individuals.
Armath invites all interested organizations and individuals who have the willingness, experience, network, connections and motivation to work for future generations to join us as affiliates of the project in their city, region, province, state or country. Our representatives can present Armath to interested parties and negotiate, promote the project in their confirmed territory to engage sponsors, partners, and donors to establish Armath labs. All confirmed affiliates will have the contract and license to give them the right to represent Armath in their confirmed territory, as well as all necessary marketing materials and information. Exclusivity in the confirmed area depends on results and partnership details.
Join us! Let’s create the new technological educational era together!
15000 kids of Armenia, Georgia and India have the opportunity to access modern, technological and complex engineering education. Your kids can have the same!
Contact us for a customized proposal.